SonarQube is an open-source quality management platform that analyzes and measures code’s technical quality. It enables developers to detect code issues, vulnerabilities, and bugs in the early stages.
The pre-requisite for SW is Java
Pre-requisite for SW is 2G of RAM and 1GB for OS
- Change the Instance type to t2.medium from t2.micro ( as per HW requirement medium type instance is of 3GB while micro type is 1GB)
- Connect to the EC2 instance
- Check OS java version also check HW requirement.
$ java -version
$ free -h
- Login as a root user.
$ sudo su –
$ cd /opt/ (all 3rd party sw should be in opt)
$ yum install wget unzip -y
$ unzip sonarque-7.6.zip
- As a good security practice, sonarqube is not advised to run service as a root user, so create a new user as sonar.
$ adduser sonar
$ visudo (to give sudo access for this user with no password)
$ sonar ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
$ chown -R sonar:sonar /opt/sonarqube-7.6/ (change the ownership)
$ chmod -R 775 /opt/sonarqube-7.6/ (now change the permission)
$ su — sonar (now switch to sonar user)
$ cd /opt/sonarqube-7.6
$ cd /bin/ (to start SonarQube server go to bin directory)
$ cd linux-x86–64
$ ./sonar.sh start (then run the inside .sh script)
$ ./sonar.sh status (to check the status)
$ cd../../logs/ (check logs if required)
- connect using http://localhost:9000
- in case its fails then just change the inbound port number (all tcp, 0–65535, any were & save)
- now connect with default admin as a user & admin as a password.